Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Work in Progress 167

Hi everyone! I hope your week is going great. Thank you all for the birthday wishes last week. I really appreciate it. We had a great weekend.

This week I feature a new WIP. I didn't want to show you my Candy Corn socks again as I have started the second one, but it looks just like the first of course. When I get a little further I'll share it as a WIP again.






I didn't really plan to start another project, but I was catching up on the Yarniacs podcast. Gayle, one of the hosts, was talking about the Hogwarts Express shawl by Susan Ashcroft. I always tend to keep my computer or phone close when listening to their podcast because they always have great pattern suggestions. As soon as I saw this shawl, I knew I had to make it. I also knew exactly what yarn I'd make it with! I'm using Candy Skein Savory fingering in Oatmeal Cookie. I'm hoping I can crank this shawl out, because we really want to go to the unofficial Harry Potter day at Disneyland on November 3rd and I'd love to wear it. That probably won't happen, but who knows.

That's it for me today. I hope you all have a great rest of your week.

For those that are new to WIPW, to share your WIPW post with us, just fill out the Mr. Linky below. Despite it saying you must comment, don't feel as if you do. That is something Mr. Linky automatically adds. I just ask you to check out a few of the links posted to see what everyone else is working on and comment there if you can. Everyone loves feedback and a little encouragement on their projects! Also, please link back to this post in your post to get the word out! The more the merrier!





11 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see it finished! I love the color! When I finally get around to purchasing some Savory this will definitely be my first pick,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see the shawl finished. I love the colour, so peaceful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Tami, first time joining the party :) i startet counting my wips and hmmm really that many, my post is about 12 of my wips, i found at least 3 more though. Anyways great idea . Greetings from Germany :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its so lovely to see what you are all doing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that shawl pattern, it looks like a quick easy knit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The yarn looks beautiful, love to see more of it the coming week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for this great platform for sharing our blogs! Your Hogwarts Express shawl looks like it will be lovely, hope it's a speedy one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Startitis can be fun! Enjoy your fun shawl pattern and quickie garter stitch!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I did not see a Mr. Linky Widget, but did link to you on my blog. Thanks for hosting...maybe it is just my computer that will not let me link.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice shawl and I love the yarn. I was not able to get my link to work. I have entered it several times. This has never happened before.

    ReplyDelete