Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Work in Progress 164

Hi everyone. I hope all is well with you. We're doing pretty good over at my house this week, as my husband has found a new job that he is super excited about. I haven't talked about it, but the studio he worked for closed a few months ago and he's been out of work. In his line of work, that's not unusual, but it will doesn't help matters. In the end it worked out great and I'm so excited for him.

Before I get to WIPW, I have a few things to comment on besides the new job. First, next week I'll be scheduling WIPW and FO Friday (probably) in advance. I'm extremely busy getting ready for the Vista Fiber Fiesta which is October 12-13, and we're taking a few days off to celebrate the new job.

Hockey season is back. For those who have followed me the past few years understand how excited this makes me. Life just doesn't feel right when it isn't hockey season. Now all is perfect again with the start of the NHL season last night and my LA Kings playing their first game tomorrow. I can't wait.

How many of you watched Broadchurch? I don't want to give spoilers, but HOLY SMOKES. We just finished the series and my mind if blown. I suspected who it was for a fleeting moment several episodes back and then completely dismissed it right away. I'm so glad it wasn't in left field, but then again, wow. I also have to admit that I balled at the last episode. Heart wrenching. That has to be one of the best programs on television today and I hope the series 2 is just as good (I also hope that David Tennant is back). I'd love to go back and watch it all again, as now that I think back, I see signs of who the killer was. Crazy.

Okay, now on to WIPW...



I'm making the Harvest Dew socks, a pattern I've had in my queue on Ravelry for AGES. In fact, I think it may be one of the first knitted sock patterns I added to my queue way back when. I've always wanted to make it but never found the proper yarn until now. I'm using my October '13 colorway for Candy Skein, Candy Corn. The pattern is perfect, as the "dew drops" kinda look like candy corn, don't they? I'm so in love with these and they're flying by. I started them Sunday night during World War Z (which we thought was pretty good!) and then knit a little on Monday night at my knitting group and then a few minutes during the hockey game today. I'm about half way (or a little more) don't with the leg.




Here is what Candy Corn looks like in the skein! Awesome, right?

That's it for me today. I hope you all have a great rest of the week!

For those that are new to WIPW, to share your WIPW post with us, just fill out the Mr. Linky below. Despite it saying you must comment, don't feel as if you do. That is something Mr. Linky automatically adds. I just ask you to check out a few of the links posted to see what everyone else is working on and comment there if you can. Everyone loves feedback and a little encouragement on their projects! Also, please link back to this post in your post to get the word out! The more the merrier!

14 comments:

  1. I loved Broadchurch too, my husband worked out who the killer was early on, but as you say the last episode was so sad. Looking forward to next series.

    I love your candy cane yarn, so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that sock. Definitely the perfect pattern for Candy Corn yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to your husband on the new job! Hopefully it rocks! Love the candy corn colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that skein and pattern together really look exactly like candy corn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tami, my post only shows "finished" projects, but I'm so proud of my "20 Hats Knitted for Sailors" medal, I wanted to show it off! Now, I'm off to look at Candy Skein yarn. Hope I can find some superwash!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the sock. love the colorway. love that your husband got a new job he's excited about. love that hockey season is starting.
    (I need to check out Broadchurch).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, I love those halloween socks! And congrats to your husband on his new job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the sock and the color!!! Now I want candy corn... LOL

    Congratulations to your husband on the new job. :) Hope the fiber fiesta goes great for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice socks and I so must have that yarn !!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had Broadchurch figured out from about halfway through but I really enjoyed the series. Congrats to your husband and yay for the start of hockey too! My son spent all weekend organizing his hockey cards in anticipation. And he's only five : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. That yarn is perfectly candy corn, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've linked myself...Hope to post each wednesday ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations to your husband on his new job! I just watched the series finale of Broadchurch today. Loved it. I'm such a fan of David..he's just brilliant. Hope he returns for series 2 as well.

    ReplyDelete