Friday, May 10, 2013

FO Friday 137

Happy Friday! I hope you had a great week, and are happy that the weekend is upon us once more. I just have a small project to share with you that I made last minute.

As I mentioned last week, my husband's work was having a Defiance launch party for the release of the video game/tv show he has been working on the last five years. I bought a new dress just for the occasion, but of course, as I always seem to do, I ordered it from Modcloth at the last moment possible. We ended up having to pay for faster shipping, as I kept debating on which dress to get, and also which size. That's always the dilemma with online clothes shopping, right? I've always had great success with Modcloth, but this was a little different as it was in UK sizes.

The great news was it fit perfect and came in the nick of time (it arrived at 11am on the day of the party!). The bad news was, it was supposed to have a little red belt with it, and the belt was no where to be found. I called customer service and they were very awesome, as usual, and promised to put the missing belt in the mail ASAP at no extra charge. Of course, that didn't help me that night, right? So, I turned to my crafts and figured out what to do...

At 3pm, only 3 hours before the start of the party and when we were meeting our friends for dinner beforehand, I came up with a plan. I took my leftover Hazel Knits Artisan Sock yarn in Ruby Love, held it double to make it a little thicker, grabbed the only double point needles I could find (I usually hate DPNS) which were a US 7 and went to town on a very long I-cord. In an hour and a half, I had a belt! I seriously was weaving in ends as we walked out our front door. I think it worked out PERFECT, and of course my husband had to mention to everyone we talked to that I made my belt right before we came to the party.

Here is the final product!


How's that for some quick thinking and craftiness?? Have a great weekend!

Share your FOs!


15 comments:

  1. I think it looks perfect! It is a lovely colour to go with the dress. It is a shame that the red belt didn't come along with your dress though

    ReplyDelete
  2. A resourceful solution - and a charming belt. Good for you for being so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. An hour and a half of i-Cord under pressure? You look cool as a cucumber in the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute. Congrats to your husband too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely yarn and amazing photo!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! What a perfect accent - and the story that goes with it is even better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The belt looks amazing and the dress is very pretty too

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for your creativity! The outfit looks cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The dress is lovely. How nice of your husband to tell people about your crafty skills. He must be very proud of you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The dress looks amazing on you and smart thinking on the belt! It looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is the kind of thing I find myself doing at the very last minute. It looks perfect with the dress

    ReplyDelete