Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Work in Progress Wednesday 116

Hi everyone!!! I hope you had a great weekend and are having an even greater week. I've been busy with electrians, plumbers and my family in town to help build out Candy Skein studios. I will have a bunch of pictures (which you can see on Instagram right now...username Candyskein) in a post coming up in the Life as an Indie Dyer series soon!

As a sneak peak, I thought I would share this picture, which is the outside of the studio. It's a separate bungalow on my new property, steps away from my laundry/mud room and master bedroom. A beautiful courtyard separates everything. It only shares one wall, which is the garage.


The inside was a little rough when we bought the house, but wait until you see it finished! Stay tuned for pictures of the whole process.


Now on to what you've been waiting for. As mentioned, I haven't had much time to knit recently, but I figured I'd share this picture with you anyway. :) This is the Quaker Ridge Shawlette and I'm using Madelinetosh Tosh Sock in Worn Denim. I've done the set up and two full repeats. For those wondering, I did end up ripping out the shawl and starting over because of that extra stitch. I wasn't very far along, and I think it would have always bugged me.



For those that are new to WIPW, to share your WIPW post with us, just fill out the Mr. Linky below. Despite it saying you must comment, don't feel as if you do. That is something Mr. Linky automatically adds. I just ask you to check out a few of the links posted to see what everyone else is working on and comment there if you can. Everyone loves feedback and a little encouragement on their projects! Also, please link back to this post in your post to get the word out! The more the merrier!


18 comments:

  1. Oooh how exciting, can't wait to see your finished studio.
    Thanks for hosting
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new studio sounds perfect, looking forward to seeing the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The new studio looks like it's going to be fantastic! You are so lucky! I can't wait to see the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your shawl looks lovely. Can't wait to hear more about the studio!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've just had a sneak peek and that studio is going to me AMAZING!!!!! Loving your shawl too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love seeing your phots on Instagram. Can't wait to see the finished studio

    ReplyDelete
  7. The studio is going to look great! Knitting with a similar yarn, but a beanie hat.. Sock yarn is a bit of a challenge (speedwise)..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your studio to be looks fantastic! Love to see more pictures soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait to see inside your studio!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How awesome is THAT! Isn't it what we all dream about? When my daughter graduates from college next year, and gets a place of her own, her room is MINE!

    Happy hump day,
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I can't wait to see how you've recreated your interior spaces. I'm a total home reno addict :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lucky you will look forward to seeing the finished photos

    ReplyDelete
  13. I adore the little bungalow with the courtyard... I can't wait to see what you've done to make it your own!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm envious that you will have a studio to work out of! Can't wait to see the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's so cool how you're building your own studio! What an exciting project to see grow day by day.
    I love that worn denim colorway. I also commend you on froggin'; I'd do the same as I'm anal about gettin' it right.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I keep hoping that we find a house with a little place out back that I can either just knit or hide my stash or something...and not a shed :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. One day, my studio dream will come true!

    Best,
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hope all the WIPs see all the finished products :) Thank you for this! Just joined your site.

    ReplyDelete