Friday, August 24, 2012

FO Friday 101

Oh my gosh guys...I FINISHED SOMETHING! It feels like it's been forever since I could actually say that. Isn't it amazing how rewarding a FO is?! Unfortunately, it's still too hot to use a shawlette here (though it was a LOT cooler and overcast yesterday), but that won't stop me for long.

Despite only working on this for a few days total probably, it feels like I started it forever ago, due to not working on it during my cardigan (yes, the cardigan. I haven't finished that yet unfortunately).

It's ALMOST dry, but I don't want to pull it too early, so you get an off color blocking shot. Again, just like the Trillian, it practically doubled in size! I promise to take better pics with me wearing it this weekend when my husband can help out. :) This was taken in weird artificial lighting in my dining room with my iPhone. Colors are more accurate in previous pictures.




Materials used:

PatternHitchhiker shawl
Yarn: Candy Skein Yummy fingering in Rainbow Fruit Chews
Needles: US size 4


That's it for me today! I hope you all have a great weekend. :)

Share your FOs!




17 comments:

  1. It is very rewarding to finally finish a project! Its very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time I see a Hitchhiker shawl finished, I feel a WOW. This is such a great shawlette pattern, and you've made it in a perfect color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks fantastic!!! The colours are brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a really good match of pattern and colour! Also Yay! for finishing it. I know that such little side projects seem to take forever... I have a scarf like this lying around here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's such a fantastic color and a great pairing of it with the pattern. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I looks amazing. What a bright and cheerful scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your shawlette is beautiful. Must make one for myself. There's always a feelgood buzz when something is actually finished completely and ready to use. The foam playmat squares for blocking are so good, especially for bigger projects.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's beautiful! And, I love that yarn. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those colors *ROCK* and it turned out beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a very nice shawl. I'm looking to photographs when you wear it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your shawl looks great, the colours are fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay, finished! Sometimes the little sidetrack projects can take longer than the big, scary ones we're always afraid will never finish.

    ReplyDelete